After a slow start, the spring storm season finally kicked into high gear and Yankee 1 has been in the middle of it. From search and rescue following the Moore EF-5 tornado, to search and recovery after the flash floods caused by the El Reno EF-5. Crawling around in flood debris is not fun, but every family deserves the effort we put in to find missing loved ones. Once again the handy rescue tool has proven to be a valuable tool, this time doubling as a camp ax and hook to shift through flood debris.
- How are rescue crews responding to storm rescue and recovery in Oklahoma?
- What have you found are the most useful tools in SAR?
- How does your volunteer team get its funding?
- What are the biggest challenges you face?
- How did you become a SAR Leader?
- How was your team involved in the Hurricane Sandy Rescue Efforts?